- This event has passed.
First Aid Course @ Leader Summit
October 5 @ 8:00 am – October 8 @ 5:00 pm
This expert-level program is designed for the person who needs or desires more first aid training than that for Basic First Aid certification, but not to the level of Emergency Medical Response. Perfect for corporate emergency response teams, this course presents many of the most common illnesses and injuries responders are likely to encounter.
This course will take place in TWO session. You must attend both sessions to receive credit.
Online Lecture via Zoom on Oct 5th at 3pm OR Oct 6th at 1pm (Only attend 1 of these events)
In-Person Skills will be held at 1pm on Sun Oct 8th at Dinosaur Valley RV Park (For everyone)
• Designed for non-EMS responders including government, corporate, industry, lifeguards, security personnel, law enforcement, corrections personnel and other individuals who are not EMS or healthcare providers
• Full-color printed materials and clear, concise course content
• 2-year certification
Class topics include:
• Introduction to Anatomy
• Principles of Lifting, Moving and Positioning
• Airway Management and Rescue Breathing
• Principles of Assessment
• Caring for Medical Emergencies
• Caring for Soft Tissue Injuries and Shock
• Caring for Muscle and Bone Injuries
• Caring for Injuries to the Head and Spine
• Multiple-Casualty Incidents and Principles of Triage